We love rediscovering naturally gluten-free recipes, that we enjoyed long before going Gluten Free. Converting gluten filled recipes with non-gluten alternatives has been fun to do, but its good to have a few quick and healthy choices in your arsenal; that doesn’t need a life story or medical explanation to go along with it. A Caprese Salad for example, has fresh simple ingredients that are all naturally gluten free.
- 3 vine-ripened Tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Ovolini, drained
- 1/4 Cup Basil Leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sprinkle of Kosher Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella balls into thick (1/4 inch) even slices. Some people like to stack their Caprese salad, alternating the tomato, mozzarella, and basil leaves. We like to make ours more like an appetizer. A tray of tomatoes topped with sliced mozzarella, and a nice basil leaf for garnish, and flavor.
- However you choice to display it, lightly drizzle your creation with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.
- Lastly, sprinkle with Kosher Salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Serve immediately or set aside in the refrigerator to allow flavors to blend. (Not too long or it will get mushy)